Friday, April 11, 2014

FO Post: Striped Tester

I've been working on variations of my 20 Round Beanie. This one has stripes and a pom-pom.


Every other row is striped, but I think the colors would look better with a color change every two rows. 

I tried a traveling rounds technique for jogless stripes in the round for the first time. I usually use a slip stitch technique that doesn't travel. 

It produces an interesting effect on the wrong side of the work. 

Wrong side, travelling slip stitch color changes

I do like how straight the color changes are on the wrong side. It inspires me to make one with the right side like this. 

The stripes are so straight!
Since I knit rather tightly, the traveling rounds tend to make the hat pull a bit in places, so I will have to remember to knit loosely during color changes. It just looks off to me, but Chris says he can't see anything. 

The issue is clearer closer to the top of the hat. 
Pom-poms are still my fluffy little enemies. No matter what technique or tool I use, I always feel they are impossible little boogers. 


This one didn't turn out so bad, but it is a bit lopsided. One day I will perfect the pom-pom! One day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment