Sunday, April 13, 2014

FO Post: Striped Tester 2

I experimented with single row stripes in my 20 Round Beanie this past Friday. I liked the look just fine, but I thought stripes every two rows might look better. 

Well it does, and here it is!

Two-row stripes

I ran out of purple, so I chose pink and lime green. Pink and green are two of my favorite colors, so I can't be sure how my color bias affected my decisions. 

I also used a slip-stitch technique for the color change this time that did not travel around the hat. I like that technique infinitely better. It's simpler, but it doesn't really work for single row stripes. 

If you look down the middle of the picture, you can see the slip stitches at the color changes. Only one "v" stitch will appear in each color instead of two. 

Slip stitch color change
My 20 Round Beanie is extremely simple in design, so stripes really set it off!  

Have a look at a side-by-side comparison of the two row stripes and the single row stripes. 
Left: two row stripes    Right: single row stripes

I am going to give the travelling color change technique and single row stripes another try, but I think the two row stripes are here to stay!

I'm also going to try some i-cord embellishments, perhaps a top-knot of sorts, on the next few hats I knit.

I'm working on finalizing inventory for what I will sell in my (so far nameless) Etsy store. Be prepared to see the basic 20 Round Beanie along with the two row striped beanie. Although, I do hope they'll have cuter names, soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment