Sunday, June 8, 2014

It looks gross, but it tastes great!

Today I had about the grossest looking lunch I've ever had.

You see, gluten and I don't do so well together. I don't have Celiac Disease, but I do have a documented intolerance/sensitivity to it.

I used to love tuna salad sandwiches.

I still do!

But I can't eat regular bread, and most gluten-free bread is nasty!

So, I decided to do the next best thing: lettuce wrap!

But I chopped all of my lettuce up for tonight's dinner...

Plan B!

Tuna Salad Salad!

Small can of tuna (maybe 4 oz?)
1-2 tbsp mayonnaise
1-2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
1-2 tbsp chopped green onion
handful of chopped salad greens
handful of cheese
a bit of chopped tomatoes or a couple cherry tomatoes if you have any


And you're left with a delicious tuna salad sandwich salad. Minus the sandwich. So, tuna salad squared.

Because it looks disgusting, I decided not to post a picture.

It tastes amazing, though!

(Unless you're Chris and you hate tuna. Then it will make you fake gag and run screaming in terror.)

No comments:

Post a Comment