Friday, May 2, 2014

FO Show-Off Post: Office Valance

The office is slowly brightening up.

The window valance is finished! I worked on it most of the afternoon (ok, only part of the afternoon. The rest of it I was knitting and watching Spongebob). 

I never realized how hard it is to take a good picture of a window. 



The lighting is just all weird. 

Can you tell photography isn't my hobby? I have zero skill in that area!


My apologies for the icky photos, but you get the idea!


Opposite the window, you'll see the felt mats. I used command strips to hang them. 



They look a lot better in person. I like them! I think a floating shelf would go well above them. 

Oh, and here's my little throw pillow. 


I made it with the side scraps from the cut I made for the valance.

Next, I need to recover the lamp shade and make a pillow sham out of the turquoise and white fabric.

I'm working on a lime green knitted pillow sham. It'll add texture and color without making the room too busy with too many patterns.

As long as I don't buy anything else, this project will stay under $50. That's not bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment