Saturday, May 24, 2014

First Draft: Cabled Moss Beanie*

Well, I finished the first draft of my attempt at a more "boy-friendly" beanie for the CLICK for Babies campaign.  (I definitely need a darker purple!)


It looks a lot different than what I had in my head, but that's why it's a draft! It's still a perfectly good hat that will keep some newborn's head warm. 

I decreased using my standard 5 round/row decrease, but it looks funky in moss stitch and ends up making a bit of a flat top that doesn't look as good on this beanie as I'd like. 

I've decided to add another large cable and some smaller cables with small sections of moss stitch in between. I like moss stitch, but I feel like it was overwhelming in this beanie. 

It'll go something like [Moss Stitch | Wide Cable | Moss Stitch | Small Cable ] repeated two or three times. I'll probably use a C4F or C4B for the small cables. 

If it works out like I think (hope! haha) it will, it will only take adding another repeat of the pattern to size up the beanie. 

I still need to work on the decrease quite a bit since it is pretty wonky. I'm hoping to carry the cable pattern up the decrease, but I'll work on that later. My mom and dad are coming up to visit this weekend! Yay! And they're bringing fresh beef! Woohooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment