Sunday, May 18, 2014

Entrelac!

New yarn! New yarn! New yarn!


Yay!!!

It's Plymouth Yarn Gina in the 01 colorway. 

I'm trying out entrelac for the first time. 


The base triangles and the first "tier" of rectangles are complete!

Honestly, knitting entrelac is a little weird. It's not difficult, but it is different. 

The green yarn is waste thread for the crocheted provisional cast-on. I think I might graft the ends of the scarf to make a cowl after a few feet of entrelac, but I'm not sure exactly how grafting entrelac works. 

Scarves tend to bore me after about 2.5 feet, so maybe shooting for a cowl or infinity scarf of some sort is a good thing. 

Come to think of it, I have a couple drop stitch scarves that could use a few more inches and then be grafted to become cowls/infinity scarves. There are always new directions in the creative process. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment