Wednesday, February 5, 2014

FO Show-off Post: Cabled Baby Cocoon

I finished this adorable baby cocoon a couple weeks ago.



It's knit in Classic Elite Yarns Sprout  (heavy worsted weight) in Mint, a color that seems to be discontinued now. This yarn is a lovely, squishy organic cotton that was a joy to knit with. I just wanted to rub my face in it. What can I say? I just love cotton!

The pattern is from the Knit in the Womb Etsy shop, and I don't think it's available anymore, either....

It's knit with yarn held double, and that plays a big part of the squishy, need-to-rub-your-face-in-it factor.

It took 3 skeins to knit this up since there isn't much yardage in each skein, so my plan of making a matching hat with my third skein was kinda kaput. That's what happens when you get excited about super squishy cotton and mis-read yardage numbers!

I'm thinking about making another cocoon in a different colorway and decreasing the end to make it a sack instead of a tube.

I found 3 skeins of the Mint colorway on yarn.com in the Seedling (worsted weight, also discontinued),  and it should be here within the week so we'll see what I can do with that!




No comments:

Post a Comment