Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Changes, changes

Hello again, everyone.  Emily here!

Things have changed a bit here.  Instead of opening a new blog, I decided to revamp the old one.  Formerly "Honest Stitches," I now declare this blog "Emily's Everything Blog!"

There are so many things I want to post about, I felt like the old blog didn't quite fit.  The staples of Honest Stitches, knitting and baking, will still be around.  My baking hobby has virtually disappeared due to my recent diet change and newly discovered gluten intolerance.

I've cleaned house a bit.  Old posts with patterns and recipes will be back soon, but they will be modified to make them gluten-free and low FODMAP-friendly.  There will be more pictures because my long-lost camera is back where it belongs! Hooray!

Posts here come in waves, but I'm hoping to average at least two a week.

Categories include:

Yarncraft.  I've been knitting since 2008, and I'm learning to crochet.

Food.  I make almost all of our meals from scratch due to the strict requirements of a low-FODMAP diet.

Gardening.  My husband Chris and I built our own raised garden beds, and we're attempting gardening for the first time this year. Wish us luck, green thumbs, and plenty of rain!

DIY Projects.  Pinterest has to be one of my favorite websites around.  So far, I have actually made or modified most of the projects and recipes that I pinned.  It's a point of pride for me, hehe.

Pete.  This little dog is the unofficial official blog mascot.

Running.  In February, Chris and I started training for our first 5K. We have met some wonderful people along the way, and we hope to one day run a marathon together.

Writing.  I love to write, but I normally keep my poetry and stories to myself.  Sometimes I do a 10-minute writing exercise on a random topic. I think it would be fun to share those here occasionally.

Home Decor.  We bought our house last July, and we're slowly decorating it.  Pictures of our design for our distant friends and family will show up occasionally (since we're taking things fairly slowly).


...and more to come!


But first, have some Pete, doing what he does best!




No comments:

Post a Comment