Friday, June 6, 2014

Tornado Knitting

Just as we were about to go to bed last night, our weather radio went off.

Tornado warning. 

Talk about freaking out! Well, I didn't. 

OK, I did just a little.

But we've both lived in Tornado Alley our whole lives, so we were prepared. 

When the warning sounded, I grabbed our storm bag and Pete's leash while Chris checked our local weather. 

And we waited. And waited.

So I knitted. And knitted. 

Storm Knitting: three tiers completed 
I'm so glad I have something rhythmic like knitting to help me keep calm! I added three tiers of entrelac squares in the 40-something minutes we were waiting to see if we had to jump in the fraidy hole. 

Talk about getting things done! I can't remember the last time I was so furiously knitting. 

Fortunately, the storm ended up changing course and tracking northeast of us. It also didn't end up getting fully organized, so there may not have even been a tornado on the ground even though there was a lot of rotation. 

Phew! 

That was still way too close for comfort. 


No comments:

Post a Comment