Friday, February 21, 2014

FO Show-off Post: Super Bulky Socks

I finished my first pair of socks! I actually completed them Wednesday night. They took a total of about 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Gotta love super bulky yarn!



Can you tell I hadn't actually worn the sock on the right yet? Also, the increases/decreases are much cleaner on the right sock. 



I'm pretty proud of myself! They are really warm, and they're great for lounging around. 

They're actually not so great for walking around. The purl bumps on the inside of the sock aren't the most pleasant feeling on your toesies. 

Chris tried them on, and he likes them, too! I'll have to see if I have enough of this yarn left in orange (from Dad's 2012 Christmas hat) to make a pair of socks. 

Here's a link to the Ravelry Pattern Page for these socks. You can see FOs and yarn suggestions in addition to the link to the pattern. I think the pattern is written pretty well as far as getting someone who has zero sock experience from start to finish. 

I knitted the toe-up version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment