Wednesday, June 5, 2013

...and that's why she calls me Grace.

It was raining this morning when I woke up.

Pete was snuggled up against my side. Of course, I hit the snooze a couple times. I sleepily wished I could stay at home and cuddle with Pete all day.

I readied for work-normal day. Things at work were the same-ol' same-ol'.

Chris was getting new tires put on my rig. And then he brought me breakfast on his way to work!

I dropped a pen and banged my head (read: face! OW!) on the desk.

And broke. my. glasses.

So I called my eye doctor. My prescription has expired. Of course.

Next available appointment? End of next week...

So I called my boss and explained my clumsiness and taped up my rims. They waited to get really wonky/wobbly until I finished my drive home, thankfully!

But then, of course, my old pair (from high school!) were nowhere to be found.

I found a contact.  A contact.

And then I found Chris's old glasses case.

And then I found another contact. Wooo, a pair! But they were old...

But I finally found my old pair from high school.  They were in the basket I keep on the end table in the living room.

They're a little blurry, but I can see well enough to drive and read close things. Small street signs are problems for everyone, right?

I can't believe I broke my glasses.

But, I was being my clumsy self.

Remind me to tell y'all how I gave myself a concussion my first semester of college....

No comments:

Post a Comment