Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Christmas Crafting (Already?!)

I like to think I am a prepared person. So prepared, in fact, that I am already working on my hand-made Christmas gifts.

I know!

It's May!

I am just so awesome.

You know, that special kind of amazing that puts off projects by working on other projects that eventually need to be done, but not as soon as the first projects...

That would be me with crafting. (I knew that whole "only one project at a time" thing wouldn't last.)

I made a set of Felt Owl Christmas ornaments, and I am 1/3 finished with the second set. I got a little sidetracked by working on a sleeve/case for my Chromebook (which is a wonderful little machine, by the way).

And then I got sidetracked from the Chromebook sleeve by Square V of the Patchwork Blanket.

I'm still working on the other baby blanket, too, four rows at a time.

I planned on knitting another Patchwork Blanket square this afternoon, but a Christmas gift idea hit me:

Mugs! Mug cozies! Drink mix! "Single-serve" brownies/goody mix packaged in a cup!

So, I found this on Ravelry.

(The pattern is a Ravelry Download, so you'll have to create a free account to read it, but the pictures should show up just fine.)

 photo 93510A36-38D6-4F0C-BF69-D571E6380652-13393-00000DE6DDE513D2_zpsf6b32dfe.jpg

I haven't knitted many things with cables, but I really enjoyed this pattern. And it used up some of my scrap yarn!

I took about an hour to knit, I think. I wasn't really keeping track of the time.

If you're on our Christmas list, maybe you'll find yourself with a little mug set.

Who knows? Maybe I'll come up with more ways to procrastinate, I mean, more crafting ideas between now and Christmas.

I have a little bit of time.





No comments:

Post a Comment