Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Cowls, cowls, cowls!

Cowls are my current obsession!

two Aujourd'hui cowls and and one Honeycomb Cowl
These cowls are very quick knits and wonderfully squishy and warm. 

Here are links to the free patterns: Aujourd'hui* & Honeycomb Cowl
*Aujourd'hui is a free Ravelry download. You'll need to join Ravelry to be able to download it. 

The Honeycomb Cowl seems complicated when you look at it, but it's actually just a slip stitch pattern. I have some scrap yarn that I might use later to make a two-color cowl, but the colors are orange and green, so it would probably turn out horribly garish. 

I just started working on a Stacked Eyelet Cowl, too. It'll probably take a bit longer to knit since it uses sport weight yarn. 

I'm using the yarn I bought at the farmer's market a while back. I like finding cool local products! 

I ordered some sale yarn from Webs to try entrelac. I'm hoping to make a scarf, but, realistically, I'll probably end up making half a scarf and turning it into a cowl. 

At least I'm honest with myself, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment