Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Item Labels

(I meant to post this yesterday, but I closed the phone app before it was finished uploading. Oops!)

I've been doing a lot of research about Etsy stores.

I have original patterns prepared, and I have a spreadsheet calculating materials costs, time costs, listing fees, sales tax, and material shipping costs, among other things. After I figure out shipping options for customers, I think I'll be ready to open up shop. That, and a shop name. Those are always nice to have.

I'm having a lot of fun figuring out how many items I can make per skein of yarn.

I've been thinking about packaging a lot, too.

I found a tag punch on sale at Hobby Lobby today, so I went ahead and bought it. I think it's pretty cute!


The top tag is punched from a greeting card, but the others are just plain cream-colored cardstock. I found a random square of hot pink cardstock, so that's in there, too. Yay, neon! 

I'm thinking about getting a custom stamp label for one side. I'll write a note on the blank side or use it to display prices if I'm at a craft show. (Thinking of the inventory needed for craft shows is intimidating!)

I'll probably punch a hole in the side of the tag and use scrap yarn to tie it to the item. I wonder if there are regular-sized hole punches that aren't simple circles. I guess I need to spend more time browsing the paper craft section of Hobby Lobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment