Sunday, May 19, 2013

Snackin' Away

Our garden is doing pretty well so far. 

The only issues have come from Pete digging up my marigolds (over and over... the same square. Chris thinks we should just give him that square as his "digging space." No way! That square is for my marigolds!)

We also have some weird holes popping up in the garden soil. Some are about a finger wide and just slightly deeper than that. One hole seemed almost bird-sized, or at least 3 fingers (if you bunch them together). I thought about sticking my hand down in it to see what it was, but we recently watched a documentary about the Deadly Dozen in Australia with spiders occupying holes and nasty deadly bites... (Remind me again why I should visit that continent... I have no desire to die by poison nature.)

We have cherry tomatoes! They're still green, but I'm excited!

Recently, my favorite snack has been cherry/grape tomatoes and cheese cubes. Add some rice crackers (they're gluten-free!), and there's a wonderful snack or light lunch. Monterey Jack cheese is the best with tomatoes. 

It's just so yummy!

I want my tomatoes to hurry up and ripen so I can pick them out of my garden and not off of a produce display.
 photo 8E0C1031-C72C-45A9-9C09-289AF5E6E656-13493-00000EAC94C1028D_zpsf8ec3ed0.jpg
Why do you think I dig? You made me wear this thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment